Seasonal Spotlight – New Fall Cocktails Launched At RYS
Brown Derby Remixed
(photo courtesy of imbibemagazine.com)
- 1 ½ oz Apple Brandy
- ¾ oz Yellow Grapefruit Juice
- ½ oz Fresh Honey Syrup (1:1)
Prep – Add all ingredients to a rocks glass over ice. Stir well.
Dark & Spicy
- 1 ½ oz Rye Whiskey, such Bulleit, Wigle, or Whistle Pig
- ¾ oz Pineapple Juice
- ½ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- Fill with non-alcoholic ginger beer, such as Goslings or Saranac
Prep – Add all ingredients except ginger beer to an ice-filled collins or highball glass. Stir well. Add ginger beer to the top of the glass. Stir again.
RYS Maple Beer Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz Maple-Flavored Bourbon or just Bourbon
- ½ oz Grade B Maple Syrup (halved with water)
- Splash of orange juice
- Splash of fresh lemon juice
- Fill with a Bock or Double Beer or LBC Oktoberfest Beer
Prep – Add all ingredients except beer to a rocks glass over ice. Stir well. Add beer to the top of the glass. Stir again. Garnish an orange and lemon twist.
(photo courtesy of Thirsty Crow)
- 2 oz White Corn Whiskey, such as Moonshine
- ½ oz Sweet Vermouth
- ½ oz Aperol
- ½ oz Fresh Apple-Cinnamon Syrup (red apple slices infused with cinnamon sticks boiled and cooled)
Prep – Add all ingredients to a mixing glass. Dry shake all ingredients. Add one scoop of ice. Stir well (at least 20 times). Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or couple using a julep strainer. Garnish apple slice lightly sprinkled with cinnamon. Can also be served on the rocks.
Blood and Sand
Classic scotch lovers cocktail. Check out the video from my friends at Liquor.com
- ¾ oz Single Malt Scotch, such Glenmorangie or Glenfiddich
- ¾ oz Sweet Vermouth
- ¾ oz Cherry Herring
- ¾ oz Blood Orange Juice or just orange juice
Prep – Add all ingredients to a shaker or mixing glass with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass or coupe. Garnish an orange peel.
- 2 oz Dark Rum, such as Myers or Mount Gay
- ½ oz Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- ½ oz Barenjager Honey Liqueur
- ½ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
Prep – Add all ingredients to a shaker or mixing glass. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass or coupe. Garnish a lemon peel.
- 2 oz Botanist Gin
- 1 oz Pomegranate Juice
- ¾ oz Fresh Lime Juice
- ¾ oz Agave Syrup (halved with water)
- 3 Cucumbers
- 4 Mint Leaves
Prep – Muddle cucumbers and mint in the bottom of a mixing glass with agave syrup. Add one scoop of ice and the rest of the ingredients. Shake well. Dump all contents into a highball glass. Add a little more ice if necessary.